Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Nina's Contact with Mom on August 8, 2009

Here's the email from Nina to mom and dad after they spoke for the first time via phone....

Dear Robert and Jeanette



How lovely to chat to you! You sound so nice!


My name is Nina. I was born on 21 October 1972, to Jennifer Denise Read and Michael David Gibson. My father was at University in Grahamstown at that time, and their parents would not give their consent for them to marry. They thought that they were too young. My mother was born in 1951. My brother (your son) was born at the Lady Chancellor on 15 April 1970.


According to the register in Harare, he was adopted by” Robert Matthew Sydney Bell, a medical doctor and his wife Jeanette Bell. They were living in North Avenue, Salisbury.”


My mother only told me about her son, in January this year. She died in May. I was very happy to hear about him, and have been looking for him ever since.
Sadly, both my parents have died. My father died of pancreatitis (viral) in 1995, and my mother died 2 months ago from Motor Neurone Disease. They were both wonderful people, and I will send pictures of them for you.

 
I have a younger brother, by 11 years. His name is Liam. He is also living in Zambia.

We were all living in Zim up until 7 years ago, when things got too tough. We lost our family farm in Darwendale during the land redistribution efforts. I now live in Kitwe, Zambia.



I got in touch with you via Paul Davies who remembered Robert. He actually looked on the Godfrey Huggins School website. Did you go there Robert? Paul is an anesthetist from Harare, but now lives in New Zealand.






I will attach some pictures for you.






I so look forward to hearing from you.






Kind regards, Nina.

No comments:

Post a Comment