Tuesday, March 30, 2010

JNB

I arrived from Frankfurt a half hour earlier than I thought. And I while I had told Helen I would grab a shower at the South African Airways lounge and be cleared through customs by 9:30, in my rush I ran right by the lounge and out into the arrivals hall at 7:30. Rang Helen and she was still getting ready. So, I found a nice spot at a very nice Intercontinental Hotel just across from the arrivals hall and am now having a deliciously strong coffee and water with NO GAS. I cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone would find the bubble water refreshing. Joburg strikes me a bit like LA -- saw some stunning women in the airport. The weather is damp, but clear. I think rains went through last night -- very pretty countryside. Will chill here at the Intercontinental until Helen arrives to whisk me back to her new little cottage on the outskirts of Joburg for a shower, lunch and what I'm sure will be an incredible chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment